We’re committed to tackling extremism – and defeating it.
As the party of one nation, we’ll govern as one nation – and bring our country together by actively promoting British values, like democracy, the rule of law and equal rights.
These values are what define us as a society and to belong here is to embrace them.
We’ll confront extremism with new powers that are expected to include:
- Banning Orders for extremist organisations that incite hatred and Extremism Disruption Orders to restrict people who seek to radicalise the young and vulnerable
- Powers to close premises where extremists seek to influence others
- Strengthening the powers of the Charity Commission to root out charities who misappropriate funds towards extremism and terrorism
- Further immigration restrictions on extremists
- A strengthened role for Ofcom to take action against channels which broadcast extremist content
We’ll also review the application of Sharia Law in this country and do more than ever before to help isolated communities, uniting the country behind our British, pluralistic values.
Those values are superior to anything the extremists offer. We will bring communities together to defeat extremism in all its forms and create a better future for our whole country.
SHARE to let friends know.