Will you be watching the first hustings of the London Mayoral campaign, taking place tonight?
If you’re tweeting during the event, the hashtag is #londontomorrow – and here are some facts that everyone needs to know:
- Zac Goldsmith has an Action Plan for Greater London: more homes, better transport, cleaner air and safer streets – all delivered without raising Mayoral council tax.
- If elected, Zac will build on Boris’s record – and work with Government to get a good deal for Greater London – something he has done time and time again as MP for Richmond Park and North Kingston.
- Zac Goldsmith’s record of delivery is recognised by his constituents. Zac won his seat from the Lib Dems in 2010, and at the last election increased his majority by nearly 19,000 votes.
- You can find out more about Zac Goldsmith at BackZac2016.com
- In contrast, Sadiq Khan inherited a safe Labour seat and has reduced the majority there by 7,500 votes. It’s clear even Khan’s constituents don’t think he’s delivered for them.
- Sadiq Khan will be Corbyn’s man in City Hall. He has no regrets about backing Corbyn for the Labour leadership, and says he’d do so again. And if elected, Sadiq Khan would use London as a 4-year trial run for Corbyn’s radical policies.
- Sadiq Khan is heavily reliant on the Unions. He’s accepted tens of thousands of pounds in donations from the very unions trying to stop the Night Tube – and it’s clear he’d take their side every time when in City Hall.
- You can find out more about Sadiq Khan at SadiqWatch.com
The choice on 5 May is clear: Corbyn’s man in City Hall or your man, Zac Goldsmith, in City Hall.
Craig - we need your help to get these key messages out there.