It's Polling Day today! Vote for Nick Vandyke as your City & East London Assembly Member, for Shaun Bailey as your Mayor of London and vote Conservative on your London Assembly list ballot paper.
After decades of Labour's tired ideas and them taking us for granted, we need a Fresh Start!
City & East, made up of the City of London, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Barking & Dagenham, is one of the most diverse and innovative parts of London. Musicians, artists, a castle, an airport, finance, factories and now a freeport, we have it all. But across City & East, we are seeing violent crime rising; thousands stuck on council housing waiting lists as their estates are gentrified and the cost of living rising year-on-year for everyone.
It feels like our streets are only cleaned at election time, roads are no longer meant for people who need cars and vans, and that other parts of London are leaving us behind.
We need to get City & East back to its best and move forward, as a community, post pandemic. Shaun Bailey and I have a plan to do just that and revitalise City & East. We'll put police officers back on our streets 24/7, we'll build homes Londoners can afford to own, rather than just declare a climate emergency and do nothing like Labour, we will plant trees, we will open parks, we will make our buses green, and by connecting the dots between the new Freeport in Dagenham, (approved by the Conservative Chancellor Rishi Sunak) and 4000 new youth workers, we'll get our younger people into secure well-paid work.
So today, vote for Shaun Bailey as your Mayor, Nick Vandyke as your City & East London Assembly Member and vote Conservative on your list ballot paper, to make London Safer, make London Move and make London more affordable.
Building a safer, fairer more affordable London
We aim to make London better as follows:
Make London safer
- Put an extra 8000 police on our streets.
- Re-open 38 Police stations.
- We'll fund 4000 new youth workers to support our communities and young people.
- Set up a Mayoral Sentencing Unit to challenge lenient sentences.
Make London more affordable
- Reverse Sadiq Khan's 10% council tax hike.
- Scrap the expansion of Ultra Low Emission Zone.
- Stop the introduction of the outer London tax.
- Make Blue Badges and Private Hire Vehicles, Congestion-Charge exempt.
Make London move
- Open the long-delayed Elizabeth Line (Crossrail).
- Establish a 'London Infrastructure Bank' to fund new TfL Projects.
- Protect free travel for the elderly and the young.
- Introduce Corporate sponsorship to subsidise fares.
Make London greener
- Zero-Emission buses by 2025.
- Incentivise electric bin lorries.
- Create 1000 Farm Allotments.
- Filter the air in the Tube.
- Fund 500,000 trees and living roofs across London.
- Build 300 pocket parks.
Make London home
- Build 100,000 homes and sell them for £100,000 each.
- Create 'Housing for London' to take charge of building London's affordable homes.
- Entrench the 'Right to Return' for residents on estates being rebuilt.
- Establish a Rogue Landlord Unit.
Make London work
- Suspend Low Traffic Neighbourhoods where they are opposed by the community.
- Introduce a £9 million High Street Recovery fund.
- Re-open the Waterloo & City Line and Night-Tube.
- Establish a Disability Taskforce to reduce social and health inequalities.